Newborn Prep Sheet
- Mothers who are nursing should try to avoid eating anything spicy (i.e., pizza, hot sauce, etc.) that might upset the baby’s tummy for 24 hours preceding the scheduled session.
- Keep your baby awake for 1 to 2 hours before the session to ensure he/she is sleepy during the session. This is very important: without this, too much time will be spent getting them to sleep and there won’t be as much time for photographing them.
- Feed the baby just prior to leaving the house so he/she has a full belly for the session.
- Dress the baby in loose clothes to avoid any lines on their skin – a simple sleeper is best. Avoid “onesies” or anything else that must be pulled off over the baby’s head.
- Bring a pacifier – they can be very helpful during the session.
- Session will run a minimum of 2 hrs so bring extra food for you and the baby.
- Please carry the baby into the studio in their car seat.
- Please note that no photography or video is allowed during the session.